Friday, May 17, 2013

The Next Installment?

Hello dear friends and readers,

I want to apologize for not having an installment of the new story up last Saturday. It....was a long weekend, filled with much sleep. (Mother's Day was very nice, however. I have the perfect husband, for me.)

The story is in need of a LOT more editing than the last one. I thought I'd give you a bit of an idea of just how much work I realized it needed, so here's one of my hard copy pages of the manuscript.

 
 
There's even more ink under those Post-Its. You see, I was writing this in November as my National Novel Writing Month Project, where the goal is to just get it out. And sometimes, getting it down on paper isn't as pretty as other times. This particular story seems to be one of those times. I've got the wrong tense all over the place and the lack of description in some areas is just horrendous. However, the editing for tomorrow's installment is finished. I just need to make the changes on my computer document and get it set to publish. Hopefully I'll hit a point where I wasn't so obviously out of it while writing and it won't need quite so much work to make it readable. But the editing is part of the writing process and it's sometime I've come to enjoy more and more as I get more experienced. The end result is so much more worth the time and effort I've put into it. And it's more worthy the time you take to read it.
 
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment